Terms of Service
We created Urbanoe to facilitate communication between citizens and cities. We want to help cities and citizens when it comes to rating and improving urban quality of life. A lot of Urbanoe is based on frank and honest communication. We therefore ask that you treat the service we offer and the community that uses it with respect. We do not tolerate spam, personal attacks or abusive language. If you ever stumble on entries within Urbanoe that violates these simple dictates, please let us know.
Accepting the Terms of Service
The Urbanoe service ("Urbanoe", the "Service") is a combination of an Internet site and various mobile applications that allow for the rating of quality of life in cities. It is owned and operated by Teleron Software Inc ("Teleron", "Teleron Software"), a Canada based company. Please read the terms of service ("Agreement") carefully before using the Service. By using or accessing the Service, you agree to become bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not use the Service. The Service are offered to You ("You", "Subscriber") under the following terms and conditions:
Access to the Service
Subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Teleron may offer to provide the Service, solely for the Subscriber's own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. Services shall include any services performed by Teleron on behalf of the Subscriber, as well as offering of any Content (as defined below) on Urbanoe. Teleron may change, suspend or discontinue the Service at any time, including the availability of any feature, database or Content. Teleron may also impose limits on certain features or even access to those features, without notice or liability.
Teleron reserves itself the right to change the terms of the Terms of Service ("Terms of Service", "Agreement") at any time. Whenever such a change is made, the updated Agreement will be posted on the Urbanoe site (accessible from http://www.urbanoe.com/terms_of_service). Teleron, when possible will also send a notice to the Subscriber's email indicating that changes were made to the Agreement. The Subscriber is responsible for reading the new version of the Agreement. The use of the Service by the user implies the acceptance of the terms and conditions stipulated in the Agreement.
The Subscriber must respect the following conditions:
- The Subscriber is an individual (not a corporation).
- The Subscriber is at least 13 years old.
- The Subscriber is legally permitted to use the Service
- The Subscriber agrees with the terms of the Service's Content Policy
- The Subscriber agrees that he/she is responsible for compliance with laws of the jurisdiction where the Service is used.
Furthermore, Teleron makes no claim that Urbanoe can be lawfully used outside of Canada or the United States. If you do use it, you do so at your own risk. The Subscriber agrees that he/she is responsible for the compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction where the Service is used.
Urbanoe is a cloud service and as such services go, it is susceptible to shortages. Teleron will make all reasonable effort to ensure that the service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Though, it is possible that the Service be interrupted for upgrades and repairs. Teleron will try to minimize such disruptions whenever possible.
You agree that Teleron will not be liable in any even to You or any other party for any suspension, modification, discontinuance or lack of availability of Urbanoe, Subscriber Content or other Content associated with Urbanoe.
Teleron retains the right to limit use of the Service and the associated storage at any time or without notice.
The content of Urbanoe is intended solely for use by Urbanoe Subscribers. This content can only be used in accordance to the terms of the present Agreement. All materials offered through the Service (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, tools, photographs, images, illustrations, software) are the the property of Teleron and/or third parties and are protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright laws.
The Urbanoe REST API shall not be used without obtaining prior authorization from Teleron. Usage of these APIs without consent may imply the suspension of the Subscriber account and possible legal actions.
Trademarks are proprietary to Teleron and/or third parties. Subscriber shall respect these copyright notices and the restrictions associated with their usage.
The Content provided through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. and international copyright laws. The Subscriber may not copy, modify, publish, transmit the material provided by the Service outside of the bounds defined through this Agreement.
The Subscriber can download or copy the Content, and other items displayed on Urbanoe for download, for personal use, provided that Subscriber maintains all copyright and other notices contained in such Content.
Any other downloading, copying of Urbanoe Content for anything else than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior consent from Teleron, or from the copyright holder.
You agree that all Subscriber Content that You contribute to Urbanoe is perpetually and irrevocably licensed to Teleron Software under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. You grant Teleron Software the perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, copy, cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works and store such Subscriber Content and to allow others to do so in any medium now known or hereinafter developed (“Content License”) in order to provide the Service, even if such Subscriber Content has been contributed and subsequently removed by You.
Furthermore, by using the Service, the Subscriber agrees that he/she will not contribute Content that:
- infringes, violates or interferes with any copyright or trademark of another party
- reveals any trade secret, unless Subscriber owns the trade secret or has the owner’s permission to post it
- infringes any intellectual property right of another or the privacy or publicity rights of another
- is libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party
Teleron reserves the right to remove any Subscriber Content from Urbanoe, re-post to Urbanoe any Subscriber Content removed by any Subscriber or former Subscriber, suspend or terminate Subscriber’s right to use the Services at any time, or pursue any other remedy or relief available to Teleron and/or Urbanoe under equity or law, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Subscriber Content or if Teleron is concerned that Subscriber may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all.
In the event that You post or otherwise use Subscriber Content outside of Urbanoe, whether such Subscriber Content was created by You or others, You agree that You will follow the attribution rules of the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license as follows:
- You will ensure that any such use of Subscriber Content visually displays or otherwise indicates the source of the Subscriber Content as coming from Urbanoe. This requirement is satisfied with a discreet text blurb, or some other unobtrusive but clear visual indication.
- You will ensure that any such Internet use of Subscriber Content includes a hyperlink directly to the original HTML page from the site
- You will ensure that any such use of Subscriber Content visually display or otherwise clearly indicate the author names
- You will ensure that any such Internet use of Subscriber Content Hyperlink each author name directly back to his or her user profile page on Urbanoe.
It is the Subscriber's responsibility to ensure that Subscriber Content is collected in a safe manner. Under no circumstance should the Subscriber put himself in harm's way to collect data. If Teleron is informed that some information was collected in an unsafe manner, the information will be removed from the Urbanoe service. Teleron can be informed of unsafe Subscribe Content collection through its corporate web site's "contact us" section or through the Urbanoe's "contact us" section. Furthermore, Teleron will not be held liable from any injury stemming from the collection of Subscriber Content.
The Subscriber is responsible for all of his/her activities in connection with the Service. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity or any use of the Service or its associated Content in violation of this Agreement may be grounds for termination of Subscriber’s right to Service. The Subscriber may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from users of the Service.
Under no circumstances will Subscriber use the Service to:
- send unsolicited e-mails, bulk mail, spam or other materials to users of the Service or any other individual
- harass, threaten, stalk or abuse any person or party, including other users of the Service
- create a false identity or to impersonate another person
- post any false, inaccurate or incomplete material or delete or revise any material that was not posted by You.
Teleron has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to Subscriber. Subscriber acknowledges that Teleron has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
- which users gains access to the Service
- which Content Subscriber accesses via Urbanoe
- what effects the Content may have on Subscriber
- how Subscriber may interpret or use the Content
- what actions Subscriber may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
Much of the Content of the Service is provided by and is the responsibility of the Subscriber who posted the Content. Teleron does not monitor the Content of the Service and takes no responsibility for such Content. The Subscriber releases Teleron from all liability for the Subscriber having acquired or not acquired Content through the Service. The Service may contain, or direct Subscriber to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Teleron makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Service, and Teleron will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service.
Although Teleron will make reasonable efforts to store and preserve the material residing on the Service, Teleron is not to be held responsible or liable in any way for the failure to store, preserve or access Subscriber Content or other materials you transmit or archive on the Service. You are strongly urged to take measures to preserve copies of any data, material, content or information you post or upload on the Service.
The Service and Content are provided on an "as is" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Teleron makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the the Service, including any representation or warranty that the use of the Service will
- be timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data
- meet your requirements or expectations
- be free from errors or that defects will be corrected
- be free of viruses or other harmful components.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, Teleron disclaims any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, availability, completeness, legality or operability of the material or services provided on the Service. By using this Service, you acknowledge that Teleron is not responsible or liable for any harm resulting from
- use of the Service
- downloading information contained on the Service including but not limited to downloads of content posted by subscribers
- unauthorized disclosure of images, information or data that results from the upload, download or storage of content posted by subscribers
- the temporary or permanent inability to access or retrieve any Subscriber Content from the Service, including, without limitation, harm caused by viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any similar contamination or destructive program.
Third party websites
Users of the Service may gain access from Urbanoe to third party sites on the Internet through hypertext or other computer links. Third party sites are not within the supervision or control of Teleron. Unless explicitly otherwise provided, Teleron makes no representation or warranty whatsoever about any third party site linked to Urbanoe, or endorse the products or services offered on such site. Teleron disclaims:
- all responsibility and liability for content on third party websites
- any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information)
You might be requested to give any third party, and You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against the Service with respect to such sites and third party content.
Registration and security
As a condition to using the Service, the Subscriber may be required to register with Urbanoe and select a password and profile name. Subscriber shall provide Teleron (through the Service) with accurate, complete, and updated registration information, including Subscriber’s e-mail address. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of Subscriber's account.
Subscriber may not
- select or use as a profile name a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person
- use as a profile name a name subject to any rights of a person other than Subscriber without appropriate authorization
Teleron reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a subscription at its discretion. Subscriber shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Subscriber's password. Subscriber is solely responsible for any use of or action taken under Subscriber’s password and accepts full responsibility for all activity conducted through Subscriber’s account and agrees to and hereby releases Teleron and the Service from any and all liability concerning such activity.
The Subscriber agrees to notify Teleron immediately of any actual or suspected loss, theft, or unauthorized use of Subscriber’s account or password. Teleron will take reasonable security precautions when using the internet, telephone or other means to transport data or other communications, but expressly disclaims any and all liability for the accessing of any such data communications by unauthorized persons or entities.
Subscriber will indemnify and hold Teleron, its directors, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Subscriber’s use to the Service, the violation of this Agreement by Subscriber, or the infringement by Subscriber, or any third party using the Subscriber's account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Teleron, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees or members be liable with respect to the Service for:
- any indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever
- damages for loss of use, profits, data, images, Subscriber Content or other intangibles
- damages for unauthorized use, non-performance of the Service, errors or omissions
- damages related to downloading or posting Content.
- damages stemming from an unfavourable city reputation metric.
- damages stemming from an unfavourable subscriber reputation metric.
- injuries incurred during the collection of subscriber content.
Terms of Service Changes
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Teleron may change the Agreement from time to time. If the Agreement is updated, the amended copy will be posted at this site. In all cases, use of information we collect now is subject to the Agreement in effect at the time such information is collected.
If you have any questions about this Agreement or our site in general, please contact us at info AT teleronsoftware.com.